International Grassina
Castello Grassina, Italy

Castello Grassina, Italy

Italy
43.722951 11.291868
Glasses Created with Sketch. SPECIFICATIONS
  • Price
  • Plot
  • Building
  • Est. Square Feet
  • POA
  • 8 hectares
  • 1400 sqm
  • 15,069 ft2
Map Created with Sketch. LOCATION
  • Grassina
Star Created with Sketch. KEY FEATURES
Glasses Created with Sketch. SPECIFICATIONS
  • Price
  • Plot
  • Building
  • Est. Square Feet
  • POA
  • 8 hectares
  • 1400 sqm
  • 15,069 ft2
Map Created with Sketch. LOCATION
  • Grassina
Star Created with Sketch. KEY FEATURES
This beautiful hilltop Tuscan castle sits in the heart of Tuscany overlooking the wonderful landscape of Chianti region which surrounds the property. Only 10 km from the centre of Florence make this property the prefect Tuscan, Florentine residence. The imposing structure is protected by a thick park of cypress ad oak trees which extend well beyond the perimeter of the defensive walls.

This home dates back to 980 A.D. and so boasts over millennia of history and blends in many different styles into its present day construction, including aspects of medieval art, Renaissance and Baroque features. Originally constructed as a military garrison it was subsequently involved in the conflict between the Guelfi and the Ghibellini families. It is of immense architectonic interest due to its perfect harmony between the typical style of a medieval fortress and the elegant villas dating to the XVI century.

In that period the property belonged to a noble Florentine family who, with the help of one of the leading architects of the time, began important renovation works which lead to its transformation from a castle to a villa. The property was enriched with splendid frescoes still conserved today on the ground floor, and enriched with numerous Italian grotesques, framed bas-reliefs and friezes. The stuccos added to the façade of the villa are still visible on the outside of the tower and on the existing structures.

The property consists of a total of 1400 sqm over three floors. In the main residence there are 5 double bedrooms and 5 reception rooms, large study, a billiard room, a large panoramic courtyard enclosed on three sides, a loggia with panoramic views and two small rooms which connect the different environments also request the billiard room. All environments are characterised by frescoes and decorations of the '500, the decor is strictly vintage in absolute harmony with the environment. An integral part of the property includes the private consecrated chapel which is partially hidden by the vegetation and conserves its original medieval characteristics thanks to its thoughtful restoration in the XIX century. Inside it there is a fresco which adds to the charm of a well preserved and suggestive structure.

The property is completed by 8 hectares of land where many tall secular trees grow. Florence 10 km – Siena 65 km - San Gimignano 50 km - Arezzo 72 km - Versilia 115 km - Golf club Ugolino 6 km - Thermal Baths 15 km - Florence Airport 25 km - Highway exit: A1 Firenze South 5 km. Exterior surface: 8 hectares of ground Interior surface: 1.400 sqm.

ENERGY EFF RATING: G

Read More
Beauchamp Estates
This beautiful hilltop Tuscan castle sits in the heart of Tuscany overlooking the wonderful landscape of Chianti region which surrounds the property. Only 10 km from the centre of Florence make this property the prefect Tuscan, Florentine residence. The imposing structure is protected by a thick park of cypress ad oak trees which extend well beyond the perimeter of the defensive walls.

This home dates back to 980 A.D. and so boasts over millennia of history and blends in many different styles into its present day construction, including aspects of medieval art, Renaissance and Baroque features. Originally constructed as a military garrison it was subsequently involved in the conflict between the Guelfi and the Ghibellini families. It is of immense architectonic interest due to its perfect harmony between the typical style of a medieval fortress and the elegant villas dating to the XVI century.

In that period the property belonged to a noble Florentine family who, with the help of one of the leading architects of the time, began important renovation works which lead to its transformation from a castle to a villa. The property was enriched with splendid frescoes still conserved today on the ground floor, and enriched with numerous Italian grotesques, framed bas-reliefs and friezes. The stuccos added to the façade of the villa are still visible on the outside of the tower and on the existing structures.

The property consists of a total of 1400 sqm over three floors. In the main residence there are 5 double bedrooms and 5 reception rooms, large study, a billiard room, a large panoramic courtyard enclosed on three sides, a loggia with panoramic views and two small rooms which connect the different environments also request the billiard room. All environments are characterised by frescoes and decorations of the '500, the decor is strictly vintage in absolute harmony with the environment. An integral part of the property includes the private consecrated chapel which is partially hidden by the vegetation and conserves its original medieval characteristics thanks to its thoughtful restoration in the XIX century. Inside it there is a fresco which adds to the charm of a well preserved and suggestive structure.

The property is completed by 8 hectares of land where many tall secular trees grow. Florence 10 km – Siena 65 km - San Gimignano 50 km - Arezzo 72 km - Versilia 115 km - Golf club Ugolino 6 km - Thermal Baths 15 km - Florence Airport 25 km - Highway exit: A1 Firenze South 5 km. Exterior surface: 8 hectares of ground Interior surface: 1.400 sqm.

ENERGY EFF RATING: G

Read More